Title V Operating Permit
What Industry Wants
- The Title V Operating Permit is required for air emissions to be released from a major source. Industry wants permission to release these air emissions.
Opportunities for Resident Engagement
- Public comment period lasting 30 days which must be advertised at least 30 days before beginning.
- Operators and PADEP officials.
- Operator has 120 days to submit the application within 120 days or order by the PADEP.
Opportunities for Improvement
- Extended opportunities for public comment.
- Operator must post notice in a local newspaper of general circulation, and PADEP must post notice in the PA Bulletin.
Discussion of Step
In the permit application, the owner or operator must include identifying info, a description of the source, emissions rates, a compliance schedule, emissions monitoring or test methods.