Type of Protective Zoning: Non-Oil & Gas Related Ordinances
There are protective ordinances you would not find within an "Oil & Gas" section of a township's rules but can still help to protect your community from the impacts of fracking.
For example, ordinances that: prevent flooding, protect environmental features, or preserve natural resources, can all subsequently limit gas infrastructure's impact on residents.
Some of these non-oil and gas related ordinances are:
- Steep Slope & Grading Ordinances
- Bedminster Township
- Findlay Township (Steep Slopes Overlay District found here)
- Cecil Township
- Farmland Soil Protections
- Riparian Buffer Ordinances
- Stormwater Management
- PennFuture's Stormwater Management Guide
- Bedminster Township - Stormwater Management Ordinance
- Environmental Performance Standards
Related: Traffic and Miscellaneous